Swing State Project has put together "The Modern Republican Party: A Compendium of Catastrophe" which goes through the "Republican hubris, fuckups and misfortunes" of the last 18 months.
Some of my faves include:
- Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann is forced to recant her unsubstantiated, unsourced claim of a covert plan by Iran to set up "a terrorist safe haven zone" in Iraq, which would be known as the "Iraq State of Islam" and would be a base of operations from which to attack other countries in the Middle East and the US.
- Michigan congressman Tim Walberg’s assertion that Iraq was as safe as Detroit or Chicago.
- 60% of the local party in Lyndhurst, NJ—including the entire Republican governing party—switches from the GOP to the Democrats.
- Retiring Virginia congressman Tom Davis’ allegation that his party’s "brand is so bad right now that if it were a dog food, they'd take it off the shelf."
- Unable to agree on a suitable replacement for disgraced congressman Vito Fossella—after the two most promising potential candidates declined to run—Staten Island conservatives decide to endorse a Democrat.
Man, if the Democrats lose this election they need to close up shop, send eveybody home and board up the place. Seriously.