I liked the SOTU speech; it reminded me of why I voted for him. But Obama's lack of leadership and too much delegation when he needed to roll up his own sleeves and get dirty this past year, have left me in let's-wait-and-see mode. That said, here are the 5 parts of the speech (in no particular order) that most stood out for me:
- Tagged the in Congress as cowards: SWEET
- Called out SCOTUS on their decision enabling corporations to spend unlimited loot buying politicians--I mean, on political campaigns: SWEET
- Harped on bipartisanship: BITTERSWEET [hitting my head against the wall]
- Praised Ronald Reagan: BITTER (What's the point? The folks that are swayed by it are quite few and the Republicans won't give you points for it, so why bring him up?)
- Labeled the as party of "no"; reminded folks of how they brought on the failures of the past 8 years and our continued economic problems; pointedly asked 'em to cough a better plan for , if they have one, etc: DELICIOUS
- Senators Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and Ben Nelson (D-NE) sitting together and being later called in the press "the axis of weasels": SWEET
Fuck the NFL and the team owners who voted unanimously to ban any form of protest by the players. I was a remotely casual fan but no more. A...
Yes, indeed. It's their fault. The feeble approach that has allowed the toxic partisan cesspool that is American politics to fester, is...
As we witness blatant, out-in-the-open treason by the POTUS, Congress at various levels, and the myriad of bootlickers and sycophants who ca...