Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Better Not Happen in the Bronx or Flushing

Ever since a fan got tossed out of Yankee Stadium in '08 for not wanting to stick around in his seat during the customary 7th inning stretch rendition of "God Bless America"--enough with the song already; "Take Me out to the Ball Game, please!--I've been very wary of police and security at sporting events I might attend. (I only go to baseball games, but if I'm at YS a trip to the bathroom during "GBA" is a sure thing in my book. Guess I've been lucky.)

So, I just came across a clip of a Jets fan getting arrested for seemingly no reason in during a game vs the Chargers. The video is before and during the arrest, but the fact that the Chargers fans around him are telling the cops that he didn't do anything, is quite telling.

Pro-Death

South Carolina Republicans want to impose the death penalty on South Carolinian women who seek abortions in another state. You know, because...