I'm borrowing the title of this post from a very succinct regular section in one of my favorite blogs, The JB Random Report, since there is so much nonsense out there frying my brain that I could only get bullet points to come out without losing it completely.
- Rush Limbaugh is up in arms about how the press would've covered the killing of three black, Muslim, Somali pirates if it had been ordered by a white Republican president.
- The Dept. of Homeland Security issues a report that recruitment for right-wing extremist organizations (neo-Nazis, militia groups) is on the rise; wingnuts Sean Hannity, Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin, etc. feel alluded to.
- Then again, Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) openly sides with secessionist right-wing extremists at an astro turf Tea Party, with chants of "Secede, secede!" in the background. (Btw, kudos to whoever obviously flunked American History and decided to organize one of these at The Alamo.)
- Does anyone at these so-called protests know what "teabagging" is? I bet Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID) probably does. Also, were the ones carrying placards supporting the Constitution living in a cave during the past 8 years? Where were they then?
- I wonder what Thomas Frank has to say about all of this.
- Finally, EVERY SINGLE MORON who calls the President a fascist, and proclaims the US to be on a path to "tyranny" SHOULD BE SENT TO LIVE IN A COUNTRY WITH AN ACTUAL DICTATORSHIP FOR 6 MONTHS. Is this the Dark Ages redux? (Yes, I get the irony, but still...)