Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Old Lion Roars

The ailing Sen. Ted Kennedy--against the wishes of physician and family--was at the DNC last night in Denver and provided the first fireworks of the evening with a rallying cry that stirred those present and left very few dry eyes in the house.

“…Nothing - nothing is going to keep me away from this special gathering tonight! I have come here tonight to stand with you to change America, to restore it’s future, to rise to our best ideals and to elect Barack Obama President of the United States. As I look ahead I am strengthened by family and friendship. So many of you have been with me in the happiest days and the hardest days. Together we have known success and seen setbacks, victory and defeat, but we have never lost our belief that we are all called to a better country and a newer world. And I pledge to you that I will be there next January on the floor of the United States Senate…”

Pro-Death

South Carolina Republicans want to impose the death penalty on South Carolinian women who seek abortions in another state. You know, because...