Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Why I'm Glad I Voted for Obama

In the most recent issue of Esquire magazine, as part of their "What I've Learned" feature, Gov. Bill Richardson (D-New Mexico) shares an anecdote about Barack Obama that took place during one of the Democratic Presidential Primary debates.

As I'm chatting with Obama, the moderator says, "Governor Richardson, what do you think of that?" And I look at him like a deer in the headlights. I was about to say that I hadn't heard, when Obama puts his hand over his mouth and says, "Katrina." So I gave my four-point plan on Katrina. When I was done and the debate moved on, I looked over and said, "Thanks, you're okay." He said, "Nothing to it, brother."

And there you have it.

STEPHEN A. SMITH: AN UTTER DISGRACE

From what I understand, ESPN has internal rules about anchors not discussing politics on the air, as well as not broaching the subject publi...